Cesar Milan: The Dog Whisperer ~ excellent TV show and entertaining info on dog instincts and how to use them for training.
- premium dog food, either raw or a good quality kibble (see our page on feeding your dog)
- stainless or ceramic/glass food and water dish
- kongs, rope bones, chew toys
- baby gate(s) if needed
- dog crate, if planning on crate training. If you buy one that will fit the dog as an adult, plan on blocking half of it off at first
- so puppy doesn’t potty in it.
- dog bed (optional but nice. An old blanket will work too.)
- good quality leash and collar, no retractable leads please! (Your puppy needs to learn to walk WITH you, not all over the place.)
- dog license/dog tag
- flea treatment/heartworm protection as needed, depending on your area
- good quality training treats
- apple bitters spray to discourage chewing
- grooming supplies: slicker brush, shampoo, scissors, ear powder, tweezers, drying ear wash, (electric clippers if you wish)